Ye Wang

Ye Wang

Ye Wang is literally living out a childhood fantasy right here at Daemen College. The 6-foot-1 junior middle blocker on the Wildcats volleyball team always dreamed of coming to the United States to play at the college level while growing up in her native Beijing, China.

“Coming to America was my childhood dream. I’ve always wanted to come here,” Wang said. “One of the older players that I knew from middle school plays at Boston College, and I remember thinking, ‘wow, that’s so cool; I hope one day I can go to America to play college-level volleyball.”

Now she has, and she is racking up an impressive array of accolades — including a United States Collegiate Athletic Association national championship in 2012. Wang’s journey has taken her from China, to Japan, Emporia State University in Kansas, and finally Daemen. In addition, she has built a special bond with head coach Mark Parisi, who gained an understanding of the Chinese people and culture during business trips there.

The decision to come to Daemen has certainly paid off, thus far, for Wang and the Wildcats. Read Ye Wang’s full story online at:

Ye Wang Spiking the Ball

Tagged with: